Every educator’s goal is to keep their students motivated at school. This is to ensure that everyone is learning. So, if you are an educator who’s looking for ways to promote intrinsic motivation in the classroom, read this article until the end.
What is Intrinsic Motivation?
Intrinsic motivation refers to behavior that is driven by internal rewards or desire. So, in other words, intrinsic motivation refers to your personal enjoyment of an activity, or your desire to learn a skill because you are eager to learn.
Ways Promote Intrinsic Motivation in Classroom
- SHARE – As an educator, you can try sharing your story and experiences to motivate your students.
- INCORPORATE – Learning can be boring for some students especially when they are not incorporated in the learning experience. So, better find ways on how you can incorporate your students in the learning experience.
- SPARK CURIOSITY – To motivate your student, try to add up or include interesting topics in the subject matter that can spark their curiosity.
- USE TEAMS OR GROUPS – Sometimes, students find individual activities boring and unsatisfying. So, you should try using teams or groupings to motivate them.
- PRAISE – We all get motivated and happy when praised right? So, better praise your students for their meaningful accomplishments. Doing this can highly motivate them as well as increase their self-confidence.
- CREATE A TRUSTING ATMOSPHERE – One of the best ways to motivate your students is by creating a trusting atmosphere for them. Because of this, they can learn and focus without worries.
- DISCOVER YOUR STUDENT’S PASSION – If you want to motivate your students in learning inside the classroom, find out your student’s passion and interest. Then, create lessons and topics that will relate to this.